Monday, March 11, 2013

BAD BUY MARY JANE

She sold me well 
on the whole affair
Her VW bus
was none the worse for wear
A rough-drawn map
had an X right over LA
She had a way to my heart,
that was clear
From the start
I should never been there
She was loaded,

a bill of laden waited on pay

We took the back roads
driving at night
We slept in the day,
laying low, out of sight
It wasn't my cup of tea,
but, hey!, she was with me
She had wild dreams
of being set for life
I pictured the scenes
With her as my wife
But the cards
didn't hold that as our destiny

SO FROM ME TO YOU
WORD TO THE WISE
AIN'T NO BAD GUYS
EVER GIVING GOOD BUYS

We pulled into town,
was just before sunrise
Sunset Boulevard
flashed lights in our eyes
She met her cronies
just as they all had agreed
But poor Mary Jane
never saw it coming
When the heat came down,
man she was bumming
Cause they turned her in,
after stealing her weed

Mary Jane's bail
was set off the chart
I was slapped on the wrist,
stabbed in the heart
A big learning moment
and a lesson to teach
In cuffs and jumper,
I can still see her crying
"Don't forget me Bobby,"
and my heart was dying
I got outta Dodge,
that dream got way outta reach

SO FROM ME TO YOU
WORD TO THE WISE
AIN'T NO BAD GUYS
EVER GIVING GOOD BUYS

© 1970-2013 Manuel Rosa/Sing Your Heart Out

No comments:

Post a Comment